'Beauty without breaking the bank...'

Monday, July 4, 2011

Face: Blush Review (Ever Bilena & DreamGirl) + the lippies I pair them with

This is an oooverdue post. I bought these blushes more than a month ago and have been using them ever since. I have a pale complexion so I needed a little color on my face so I wouldn't look sickly. >.< I used to suffer from acne so my cheeks still has some acne marks but I conceal them so that it wouldn't be emphasized when I put on my blush. But wasn't able to for this post. :p So pardon my blemished cheeks. ^^ Anyway, let's move on to the review.

First is the dreamgirl 4u2 shining thru cheek color in no.1. It was on sale. I forgot the exact price but it's under P200. There were only 3 pcs left when I saw this and the other shades were already out of stock so I thought it must be that good and bought it right away.^^ They have 4 shades if I'm not mistaken. It came with a cute puff but I kept it somewhere because I prefer using a brush. Here are the swatches.

On the pan. It has silver shimmers on it.

See how pigmented it is. It's a nice fuchsia shade. L-Swatched. R-Blended.

On me and my healing blemishes. The sunflower oil helped a lot. It used to be much worse.
Likes:
~Cheap!
~Pigmented so a little goes a long way.
~Staying power is actually quite decent for the price. Lasted on me for about 6hours w/out retouching! And I have an uber oily face. The color faded but it still gave me that subtle blush.
~Easy to blend
~No breakouts
~No weird smell
~Subtle shimmers. You actually almost can't tell it has unless you closely stare at it.
Dislikes:
~Packaging is a little bulky and the screw cap is a bit of a hassle especially when you're in a hurry.
~Chalky.

Other than that I love this product! Will check out the other shades. :)

And here is the lippie I pair it with. I've had this one for quite a while and rarely use it. >_< It's only a P100 and there are 12 shades to choose from.

Fashion 21 color shine liquid lipstick in no.9. It's a reddish brown shade.
On me. It's a nice MLBB shade and moisturizing. :)

And last but not the least is Ever Bilena's Cheek Blush in Honest. I've been reading a lot of raves about their blushes so I decided to try it and it's only P150. :) Here are the swatches.

On the pan. It's a vibrant coral shade in person. A summery color. :)


Compartment underneath has a mirror and brush.

Top-Blended. Bottom-Swatched.

On me. I love this color plus it's matte! :)

Likes:
~Again, it's cheap!
~Pigmented but not like dreamgirl's
~Easy to blend
~No breakouts
~No weird smell
~Not as chalky as dreamgirl's
~It's matte
~Packaging is not bulky and the flip top cover makes it convenient to use
~The mirror and brush is perfect for touch-ups.
~Not chalky

Dislikes:
~Poor staying power. It only lasted 2 hours on me. Oh well, I can't complain for the price. :)
~The brush sheds like craaazy!

But over all I still like this blush. :)

And now for the lippie I pair it with. It's Human Heart Nature's tinted lipbalm. It's under a P100. :) 

Organic. :)

It's an orangey bronzey shade. I wish they would come up with other shades.

On me. Pigmented! :)

I alternate these combo depending on my mood. Hope you liked it! 

Thanks for dropping by! ^^



9 comments:

  1. those colors are nice on you. thanks for the review.

    I have Eb Honest, too and I like it. I haven't seen the dreamgirl blush around, though, but it sounds like a great product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am liking the EB Honest on you~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I like the dreamgirl blush :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Jackie Thanks! :) I'm loving my EB Honest. Dreamgirl products are available at Watson's store they share with 4u2 products. :)

    @MissGennD Thanks! :) It's a pretty shade.

    @Aya Me too! :) Their products are available at Watson's. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review girl, keep up the good work :). I like the second lippie the best!

    Helen, X

    ReplyDelete
  6. amazing review
    i'm following you hope you'll do the same only if you'll like mine
    xoxo

    Syriously in Fashion
    Kandee Shoes GIVEAWAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The fashion21 lipgloss looks awesome :) Great review!

    Please comment/follow my blog &
    I'll definitely return the favor :)

    www.happykikay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. they all look good on you! nice choice of shades! :)

    im following you now! hope you could come visit my blog and maybe follow back? :) i would be very grateful! :) looking forward to your posts! :)

    theapplesofmyeye-carina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete